AntarctiConf is dedicated to making our conference a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment free from harassment or intimidation of any kind. In order to create a place we can ALL feel welcome, we have created the following anti-harassment policy. This policy is enforced at all conference events, including online media, after-hours entertainment, parties, off-site events, or even when you are alone with a conference attendee.
- Verbal comments or imagery that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion) are not cool. Don’t do it.
- Sexual images or other images that could offend should not be shown in public spaces. If in doubt, take it out.
- Please keep unstructured critique to a minimum. Debate, dialectic, et al however are welcomed and encouraged.
- Refrain from recording or photographing someone if it is not welcomed.
- Keep your hands to yourself… no inappropriate physical contact!
- Respect other people’s boundaries and privacy.
- This is a family-friendly professional event — not a dating site. No unwelcome sexual attention of our attendees or speakers will be tolerated — by any person.
- At AntarctiConf we accept and value all people no matter their gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. If you are rude, attempt to socially dominate or make any of our friends feel unwelcome due to these or any other differences, we might have to chat.
- Advocating for, or encouraging any of the above behavior is not okay. Please be kind and courteous.
- Speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, or similar activities are also subject to the code of conduct. In particular, we don’t like to see sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior onsite or online, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference without refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference staff immediately. We will be happy to help participants contact ship security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment feel safe at the conference.
If you have any questions, comments or see or experience anything you wish to report, please contact email@example.com.